Origin: Conceived in the year 2009
Founder: You do not know the official name of founder, what you do know is that he hides under the pseudonym of Sathoshi Nakamoto.In the short history of Bitcoin it has been pointed out that everything consisted of a bubble when it reached one hundred dollars, when it reached one thousand, two thousand, three thousand, and so on with each notable increase. Almost ten years after the birth of the cryptocurrency queen, the bitcoin is an example to follow, many struggle to break this great block and they have not been able to achieve it, now it only remains to know what the top will be, for that it is good to know the opinion of experts on the subject as expressed in the following quote: “you never know if it is a good or bad time to invest in Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies,” says Pablo F. Burgueño, founder and CLO of NevTrace, a laboratory of study in Blockchain. In any case, “the most likely thing is that Bitcoin continues to increase, especially after the announcement of new forks.” When that happened, people who have bitcoins have more bitcoins, but they spread to other networks. While it is true that the volatility in the price may cause some mistrust in relation to the future performance of Bitcoin, while its community of users, the true source of strength of the currency, continues to increase, the cryptocurrency will continue to consolidate. Everything seems to indicate that this is how it will be, so, without. doubt, the year 2018 will be a key year for the future of Bitcoin on its way to the configuration of an alternative to the current monetary system.
Some advantages to invest in bitcoin:
- Privacy in transactions
- Possibility of changing the value of the cryptocurrency by another currency
- Security through a cryptography system
- low transaction fees
- Your anonymity is your worst enemy
- Invest in an unnamed stock exchange, and you risk losing your investment due to low liquidity or hackers.
- A lot of people really have no idea what Bitcoin is. You may be thinking: “Great, I can overtake everyone else.” But a misunderstanding about Bitcoin, or a complete lack of understanding, could actually lead to terrible consequences.
BITCOIN GOLD (BTG)
Origin: Conceived in October 2017
Founder: Jack Liao (China)
Since the appearance of bitcoin gold in October of 2017, many people bet on the development and creation of a bitcoin daughter currency that will bring positive results when investing in it.
During the month of October of this year, the bitcoin gold maintained a stable price, but when the month of November began to observe a considerable growth of the same which caused the volume of the market to grow, and came to rise its value in 30%, this crypto-medallion promises to end the year being one of the strongest in the market, for this it must continue to gain affection and continue to offer advantages to.
Bitcoin Gold has appeared in the cryptocurrency market a few hours ago, and has done so with a notable difference: it will be a bitcoin version “resistant to ASICs”, or what is the same, that will not be able to be mined as is traditionally mining bitcoin. The big “cooperatives” and companies dedicated to bitcoin mining make use of thousands of ASICs, circuits specifically designed for this purpose, but Bitcoin Gold will not be able to be “extracted” in that way, since it will implement a new PoW algorithm (“proof of work “) That dependence that bitcoin has on ASICs is problematic because many of the miners are in China, where ICOs were recently banned and cryptocurrency exchange markets, the so-called exchanges, were closed. China is also the country where ASICs are manufactured, which meant that both mining and mining machines were too “centralized”. That is precisely what BTG seeks to solve, a cryptocurrency dedicated to “making bitcoin mining decentralize again”. Bitcoin Gold can be mined with GPUs, the method used by all those dedicated to Ether mining, for example, the cryptocurrency of the Ethereum platform. It also changes the way in which the difficulty of mining is managed: in bitcoin that difficulty is adjusted every 2.016 blocks (approximately every 2 weeks), but with BTG the difficulty will be adjusted after the production of each block “to avoid major changes in the total amount of computing power “. In Bitcoin Gold there is also a remarkable feature, the so-called ‘Replay Protection’ which makes that after the fork the BTC transactions are not duplicated with a BTG transaction. As happened with Bitcoin Cash, if you have 3 BTC in your wallet will appear another 3 BTG in your portfolio of that cryptocurrency, but if you spend a BTC to buy something that does not imply that there will also be a BTG less in that portfolio with the new cryptocurrency. Segwit2x, trying to completely replace Bitcoin The other big movement in the bitcoin segment could have much deeper consequences, because it is a “hard fork”, a new version of bitcoin whose idea is not to coexist with bitcoin, but to replace it completely.its followers, all in pursuit of continuing to climb positions in such a competitive market.Advantages of Bitcoin Gold:
- Possibility of being mined by GPU
- offers protection against repeated transactions by adjusting the difficulty in each block.
- the difficulty is scaled individually in each block and its blockchain works in parallel with BTC, so we can mine Bitcoin Cash and make an automatic change to Bitcoin, without having to perform the operation in exchange houses.
- Volatility: since its creation it has had great ups-downs in price.
- Acceptance guarantee
- there is no country that establishes its existence, there is no Central Bank responsible for its issuance and regulation
Origin: Conceived in October 2017
Founder: cardanofoundation.In the little trajectory that this new cryptocurrency has reached significant advances in the great battle existing between thousands of virtual currencies in the market. Cardano is a decentralized public block and cryptocurrency chain project and is open source. Cardano is developing an intelligent contract platform that seeks to deliver more advanced features than any previously developed protocol. It is the first blockchain platform that evolves from a scientific philosophy and an approach driven by research. The development team consists of a large global collective of expert engineers and researchers. Cardano is a next-generation blockchain platform with more advanced features for development, and the first in the evolution of scientific philosophy, sentenced on its website. The cryptocurrency began trading less than 24 hours ago in Bittrex, with an initial price of US $ 0.021. At the moment it is trading a little higher, up to US $ 0.027. Unlike a new digital currency, this purchase is recommended only to speculate with a short-term rise, is a blockchain platform with more advanced features than any protocol yet developed, and the first to evolve out of a scientific philosophy. Our large team of expert engineers and researchers drawn from around the world started by deconstructing the concept of a cryptocurrency. Then, incorporating our groundbreaking Proof of Stake algorithm, Ouroboros, the IOHK team employed a first principles approach driven by peer reviewed academic research to build Cardano from the ground up. This uniquely collaborative effort steadily constructed the most precisely engineered cryptocurrency yet, a product that brings together such disciplines as distributed systems, mechanism design and cryptography. The result is the first cryptocurrency to be based in Haskell code, an industrial strength product that delivers the resilience necessary for mission-critical systems, in this case securing investment. Cardano’s multi layer protocol performs advanced functions, and has at its foundation a settlement layer that is elegantly linked to a control layer. The settlement layer will have a unit of account, while the control layer will run smart contracts. The control layer will be programmed to recognise identity, assisting compliance and allowing blacklisting for instance. As a whole, the protocol’s design is geared towards protecting privacy rights of users, while also taking into account the needs of regulators. In doing so, Cardano is the first protocol to balance these requirements in a nuanced and effective way, pioneering a new approach for cryptocurrencies. In addition, while the platform has been solidly composed, we also recognise the need for it to evolve and adapt to changing needs. Consequently we have designed a system that can be upgraded by way of soft forks, and are installing a treasury system that will ensure the sustainability of the protocol. Completely open source and patent-free, Cardano was built in a spirit of collaboration. And engineered for efficiency and scalability, the Cardano ecosystem is developing out into the most complete and most useful cryptocurrency ever constructed. The good thing to invest in cardano cryptocurrencies:
- is a next-generation Blockchain platform with more advanced features than any protocol developed, and the first to evolve from a scientific philosophy, sentenced on its Web site.
- One of its strengths is that, in less than a day of negotiations, its volume exceeds 94 million dollars, ranking 15th in the cryptocurrency ranking.
- Cardano is the first chain of blocks to use an algorithm of proven secure proof: the only one that has been reviewed academically by leading cryptographers through its acceptance of Crypto 2017, the most important cryptography conference in the world.
- A disadvantage that we observe from CryptoTendence is that there are 24,000 million Tokens (ADA) in circulation, which makes their offer very high. In addition, a total issuance of 31,112 million cards is expected.
- Cryptocurrency new that must earn the trust and support of people to grow and establish itself among the best in the ranking
Origin: Conceived in the year 2014
Founder: predecessor BytecoinThe first noteworthy feature of Monero is that, unlike other rivals of the most famous virtual currency these days, it was not written using the Bitcoin code, but is based on a protocol called CryptoNote. Thus, despite the fact that this new anonymous currency has similarities with the operation of Bitcoin, such as the chain of blocks, it also presents great differences to achieve the long-awaited online anonymity that many users dedicated to illegal transactions crave. While those who use bitcoins use a single virtual wallet address. Monero creates unique addresses for each transaction, with a private viewing key that only allows the recipient – and whoever the password is given – to have full access to the operation’s data.
In addition, Monero also automatically combines the data of a transaction with others of similar size, generating confusion and making impossible the task of anyone trying to trace an operation through the chain of blocks. Monero is already preparing the implementation of another feature with which not only transactions would be impossible to track, but the IP addresses of those involved would also be hidden. This is the ‘software’ I2P, with which the anonymity will take another step further: although in the case of sending bitcoins the recipient does not know the IP address of the sender, those who undermine the cryptocurrency created by Nakamoto can know which. However, when that technology is implemented in Monero, not even they will be able to know it.Monero and its advantages:
- an alternative absolutely focused on privacy and that was not based (like many others) on the bitcoin code.
- The privacy and anonymity provided by Monero have made this cryptocurrency one of the most interesting in the market
- high transaction fees
- lack of a graphical interface (the developers are in it) that facilitates the management of the currency or the fact that it is quite complex to check the balance of our XMR in our digital portfolio
- The absence of a wallet for the mobile phone – which makes it difficult to operate with XMR from our smartphones
Origin: Conceived in July 2015
Founder: Vitalik Buterin ( Russian)Ethereum is a decentralized platform that allows the creation of smart contract agreements between peers. Any developer can create and publish distributed applications that make smart contracts. Ethereum also provides a cryptocurrency chip called ‘Ether’. Ether can be exchanged between different accounts and also compensate participant nodes for computations made.Ethereum was proposed by Vitalik Buterin, a cryptocurrency developer. It was financed developed by a collective financing platform from July to August 2014. The system came out live on July 30, 2015.After a bifurcation of the block chain in July 2016, there are two active Ethereum lines: Ethereum and Classic Ethereum.
The spectacular increase in value that Ethereum has suffered causes a special interest in cryptocurrencies. In this year 2017, ETH has gone from being worth a few euros to reaching levels of around 300 euros per unit. Even the most cautious investor is considering investing.Here we can observe its great growth But Ethereum is not just a currency to speculate like the shares of the stock market, at least we want to think some developers who are excited about what is to come.
The cryptocurrencies were not created to speculate with them, even this eagerness to make money at their expense harms its main task: to create a distributed system, where we do not need a centralized entity (see banks) to carry out operations. That responsibility falls on a distributed blockchain of thousands of nodes around the world that give us the same security or more. For now, speculation is used to finance part of the Open Source project that supports Ethereum and the ecosystem behind it.
The possibility of creating intelligent contracts linked to these transactions shows the tremendous potential of a platform that will not only revolutionize finances but also the internet.
When we refer to Ethereum we can be talking about the protocol or network of nodes that supports the system. And the best known part for non-programmers is the Ether currency, the cryptocurrency of Ethereum.
The first thing Ethereum does is to decentralize the control of transaction verification. Briefly describing how he does it, we can say that the responsibility falls on a blockchain that acts as an immense distributed database secure and maintained by a large number of nodes connected throughout the world (the miners).
The data is stored in blocks, which are linked to each other identified by a hash generated next to a timestamp. All that information is immutable, that is, nobody can modify it. And even more is replicated throughout all the nodes that form the network. On the other hand, there are those projects that are currently being worked on to integrate the functions that the block-based system of the Ethereum allows to perform, these are projects a little more advanced than what would be considered normal for an electronic currency and, for Therefore, it is very important for the support of the user’s daily life.Strengths of Ethereum:
- The time required for a block to be confirmed and validated by a miner and added to the block chain is 16 secon
- In Ethereum has not established a limit of coins for the mining as they happen with another type of cryptocurrencies
- Open source system like Bitcoin, which allows you to create improvements.
- Due to an attack suffered by ethereum and the loss of several ETH, the cryptocurrency ended up being divided into Ethereum (ETH) and Ethereum Classic (ETC).
- do not have an immutable blockchain
Bitcoin cash (BCH)
Origin: is a hard fork of the cryptocurrency bitcoin. The fork occurred on August 1, 2017. On July 20, 2017the bitcoin miners voted, 97% in favor, on the Bitcoin Improvement Proposal (BIP) 91. The proposal, by Bitmain Warranty engineer James Hilliard, was to activate Segregated Witness (SegWit).
Some members of the bitcoin community felt that adopting BIP 91 without increasing the block-size limit would simply delay confronting the issue and that it favored people who wanted to treat bitcoin as a digital investment rather than as a transactional currency. They announced implementation of Bitcoin Cash as a hard fork for August 1. It inherited the transaction history of the bitcoin currency on that date, but all later transactions were separate. Block 478558 was the last common block and thus the first Bitcoin Cash block was 478559.Bitcoin Cash cryptocurrency wallet started to reject BTC block and BTC transactions since 13:20 UTC, Aug 1st 2017 because it used a timer to initiate a fork. It implements a block size increase to 8 MB. Bitcoin Cash started futures trading at 0.5 BTC on July 23, but dropped to 0.1 BTC by July 30. Market cap appeared since 23:15 UTC, August 1, 2017. As of 29 October 2017, one Bitcoin Cash was being traded at roughly 0.084 Bitcoin. Bitcoin Cash and its advantages:
- It is an improved version of Bitcoin that fixes your most serious problems. His journey has begun in parallel to the original version of the cryptocurrency, and now it is a matter of checking which of the two has more pull.
- Bitcoin Cash has a good future forecast, and this digital currency has gained in popularity as the years go by.
- One of the great advantages of Bitcoin Cash is that it can be exchanged for traditional currencies at any time, in addition, you can make transactions conveniently from your mobile or computer.
- The disadvantage of Bitcoin Cash is that it is difficult to move it. If you buy Bitcoin Cash in Bitso, for example, you can not send it directly to a Bitcoin Cash wallet. First you would have to convert to Classic Bitcoin or Ethereum and then move.
- Your wallets or wallets are not well known
- Still do not have a reliable change example of bitcoin cash to paypal money
RIPPLE ( xrp)
Origin: Conceived in the year 2013
Director: Brad Garlinghouse is the CEO of Ripple and a member of the Board of DirectorsThe cryptocurrencies are all developed on a common element, the blockchain (block chains in Spanish) Under this technology several cryptocurrencies have developed different models for procedures and procedures. The Ripple is one of the calls to change the financial sector. The Ripple like other cryptocurrencies has suffered an exponential growth of its value in recent times, up to more than 1,000% throughout this year. With a community of more than 6 million users, eToro is an ideal tool for investors interested in cryptocurrencies like this. Thanks to the option of being able to consult the investment strategies of other users or even clone them, investing is easier when you follow the market leaders. The project has the support of many of the big banks worldwide. Ripple has offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Luxembourg and Sydney. In charge of the project is Brad Garlinghouse, CEO and member of the Board of Directors, who, before coming to Ripple, was CEO of the Hightail file collaboration service. Ripple is called ‘defender of the Internet industry of Valor’ (IoV). Among its investors: Santander InnoVentures, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Accenture or CME Ventures, which gives an idea that the project can be considered as the response of the financial sector. One of the last ripple associations was with the company that bears the name AMERICA EXPREES (amex), this connection seeks to create a payment structure based on blockchain: “American Express has a long history of integrating new technologies, and this collaboration with Ripple and Santander represents the next step forward in our Blockchain journey, evolving the way we move money around the world.” The price of the Ripple cryptocurrency (XRP) has starred during the past days one of the most striking increases of this 2017, reaching more than double in a few days and marking a maximum record in market capitalization. That is why we consider ripple as one of the cryptocurrencies with the highest projection during the year 2017, within its trajectory it has remained within the first ten in the raking of the famous page denominated coinmarcketcap.
- Ripple begins to sound a lot like an alternative to the current financial system and some voices suggest that it could be a substitute for Bitcoin but that, really, acts as a complement to the Bitcoin economy.
- Ripple is not a currency like Bitcoin could be but it is a credit system that allows us to carry out economic transactions paying small commissions (which aim to discourage bad practices that try to flood the network with many small transactions), that is, it is like if it was a PayPal but in a decentralized way.
- Accepted by the people and has remained among the best five best cryptocurrencies
- The same relationship with banks is seen with doubts by many users, as they doubt its decentralization and independence as currency.
- According to some research, it is said that the Ripple Network has some security flaws that can be very dangerous for both the function of operations in global currencies and for the same XRP.
- When observing its operation, it can be thought that there is an entity that centralizes it, since Ripple functions as a “Central Bank” for the XRP.
Origin: On March 25, 2015
Founder: Evan Duffield Dashcoinis an anonymous futuristic cryptocurrency and the first cryptocurrency mutating automatically. Your network code is always up-to-date and almost error-free. Developers play an insignificant role in all this since Dashcoin is an absolutely autonomous financial stream.That is why you can concentrate on your business exclusively. Dashcoin has a number of advantages over Bitcoin: 1) instant money transfers and transactions; 2) a higher level of anonymity; 3) the unique mining protocol x11; 4) Difficulty calculation is highly automated, optimized and intuitive; 5) large reserves of coins (up to 22 million coins); 6) a unique system of network keys responsible for the functions of the keys. The market capitalization of Dashcoin has reached approximately $ 17-20 million. Considering the fact that the daily turnover is higher than $ 200,000, we can say that Dashcoin is quite stable. What is interesting is that a full block calculation cycle takes only 2.5 minutes, which is 5 times faster than Bitcoin . The forecasts for the end of 2017 are favorable for this cryptocurrency, similarly expected significant growth in the coming years as shown in the projection table of the currency: Advantages of the Dash:
- System of “master nodes”: this is a network of servers whose users have at least 1000 Dash. Thanks to this feature, transactions with Dash are confirmed instantaneously (compared to 1 hour in the bitcoin network), in addition to allowing private exchanges and budgets.
- It has its own X11 algorithm, hash algorithm created by the developer of Dash, Evan Duffield
- Its use has no oversight of any authority.
- Tax evasion is what has alerted various economies, which already raise the need to look for locks for these values
- If we do not create a backup of the wallet, we can lose the money and that electronic currency would come out of the market circulation
Origin: Conceived in July 2017
Director: Stephen WilliamsIt is a commercial platform for the financing of invoices built on the blockchain of Ethereum. Populous uses XBRL, Smart Contracts, fixed parity tokens and more, all to create a unique commercial and global environment for investors and sellers, to negotiate invoices from all over the world. We believe that with Populous we are creating the next generation in the financing of invoices in the market. WHY POPULOUS? Because Populous is based on the Ethereum Virtual Machine, this has given us the opportunity to create a platform that allows everyone to participate in an alternative financial market that, today, is only available to banks, financial institutions, people rich, family wealth managers and governments. Therefore, by allowing cryptocoins to be used on our platform, an investor can invest by buying an invoice sold by another investor from anywhere in the world. For example, an investor in China or Japan can invest in the purchase of invoices sold by companies in the United Kingdom and vice versa. In order to create a stable business environment.Setting Goals Populous issued their UK Business Plan laying out the UK roadmap for the years ahead. The plan will be tweaked as trading conditions dictate so it is not set in stone. The business plan is not just a tool used to pitch to investors, it is also a roadmap that gives a macro view to how to grow the business and is very insightful. There is one particular line that piqued my interest: Populous will also seek to deliver a seamless experience by integrating ourselves into their accounting and bookkeeping software. During the month of November of this year, populous acquires greater volume of people investing in it, this represents a significant advance in said cryptocurrency, in the table shown below observing the remarkable growth in the market:
- Work articulated with ethereum, great strength because it has as support a cryptocurrency of great strength
- While banks and other financial institutions join forces to create financial platforms in the blockchain, Populous’s approach to finance through the blockchain is unique, in the sense that Populus is not subject to the same regulatory norms that impede to banks and other financial institutions to use cryptocurrencies in the blockchain environment.
- Because it is a relatively young crypto currency, it must earn the trust and investment of the people, for this they must work hard and become a reliable currency
STELLAR LUMENS (XLM)
Origin: Conceived in August 2014
Developer: Bartek NowotarskiThe vast majority of virtual currencies seek to position themselves as the main currency for transactions. After all, one of the main goals of famous cryptocurrencies like bitcoin is to completely replace the bills and coins we use today. However, there are some visionaries who believe that the currency of always and the cryptocurrency can coexist. That is precisely the belief of the Stellar network. Find out below that they are Stellar Lumens. What is Stellar Lumens? Before explaining Stellar Lumens what it is and what it is for, we have to talk about the Stellar network. This is a platform developed based on a chain of blocks (the same bitcoin technology) that aims to facilitate transactions between different kinds of currencies. Currently, to change dollars for bitcoins or other currencies you have to make a series of complex steps. With the help of the Stellar network, you can perform the conversion in a matter of seconds and paying very low commissions. The lumens are the criptodivisa of the Stellar network. When you change, for example, dollars to bitcoins in the Stellar network, the balance is converted first to lumens and then to the target currency. It can be said that the Stellar Lumens are an intermediary currency. Stellar Lumens value: The project is still in its early stages, although many banks have shown interest in the new technology. This has meant that the price of Stellar Lumen has increased dramatically in recent months. By consulting how much a Stellar Lumen costs on the CoinMarketCap platform, it is possible to see that its value is increasing. In August 2014, each lumen was quoted at 0.0025 USD. In May 2017, the price rose to 0.061 USD. This is a volatile cryptocurrency, so it is difficult to know how much a Stellar Lumen is worth at any given moment in time. Advantages of Stellar Lumens:
- is a platform developed based on a chain of blocks (the same bitcoin technology) that aims to facilitate transactions between different kinds of currencies.
- With the Stellar network, you can convert currencies in a matter of seconds and pay very low commissions.
- The developer of Stellar Lumens seeks to popularize cryptocurrency, so that sometimes it organizes large events in which it gives millions of lumens. This is a simple method to get Stellar Lumens free without any risk.
- This is a volatile cryptocurrency, so it is difficult to know how much a Stellar Lumen is worth at any given moment in time.
- Unfortunately, Stellar Lumens has not yet launched to its full potential, so getting direct exchanges with traditional currencies can be a problem. Similarly, it is difficult to transform Stellar Lumens into cash that you can spend in a store.
What should you invest?The cryptocurrencies are a great alternative to increase our investment, if it is done with caution and without placing our emotions at stake, in the same way, it is an entertaining and dynamic form, factors that will involve you and make this activity a pleasant fact And passionate, you dare to invest with me ?, If so, this post is made with the intension we learn together.
SummaryCurrently there are more than 1300 cryptocurrencies according to information provided by the coinmarketcap page, a variety that makes the world of virtual currencies more interesting each day, here I give you the coins that I think are most interesting at this time. If you came to this page and read it until now, you are probably really interested in investing in alternative currencies. What do you think about the selection? Write your comments that for us is very important
Disclaimer: I’m not a professional on this subject, just a passionate about it
Latest posts by Hezi Hershkovitz (see all)
- Discord Speech to Text Bot Using Google API - July 11, 2019
- THE 10 MOST PROMISING CRYPTO CURRENCIES OF 2017 - November 23, 2017
- Binary Compensation Plan – What is it and how to make money - June 11, 2015